We hope this communication finds you well. It has been a long couple of months! Your health is our top priority. We are taking action to support our staff and volunteers during this unprecedented time. As Shepherd’s Hope is merging to Telehealth for now and limiting face to face clinic. We are following all COVID-19 guidance and protocols provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health departments.
We have adapted new safety measures to protect everyone from COVID-19 exposure:
- Social distancing
- Face masks
- Frequent hand-washing
Furthermore, anyone entering our facilities will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and have their temperatures checked.
Thank you for all that you do. You all are AMAZING, and we are so proud of the support you have continued to provide to our patients during this difficult time. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Shepherd’s Hope Volunteer Department
What does volunteering at Shepherd’s Hope look like?
Shepherd’s Hope depends on volunteer physicians, nurses, other Licensed Health Care Professionals and general volunteers to provide quality health care for men, women and children who would otherwise go without the care they need and deserve.
Shepherd’s Hope volunteers are categorized as either a General Volunteer or Licensed Health Care Provider. Licensed Health Care Providers provide direct health care to patients and General Volunteers give of their time in supporting and furthering the health center’s mission without providing direct health care. Our volunteers are the key to the success of Shepherd’s Hope, so whether you serve once a month or once a week, it makes a big impact.
We are excited to celebrate our 2020 Volunteers of the Year! To learn more about these incredible individuals click here.
Interested in volunteering? Here are a few simple steps to help you get started:
- Register Online Here
Orientation Update: Due to unprecedented events involving COVID-19, we have made a very difficult decision to postpone in person orientation until 2021. Please check back for new dates.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old to volunteer in our health centers and at least 16 years old to help in our central office.
- Currently we are not able to accept court-ordered community service volunteers.
We have been blessed with thousands of caring volunteers who have provided over 300,000 free medical visits since first opening in 1997. Shepherd’s Hope is grateful to every new volunteer. We value your time and want you to have a satisfying volunteer experience.
Our ability to accept new volunteers is based on the needs of our office and health centers at the time.
Currently our greatest health center need is for physicians, APRN’s and PA’s.
- Volunteers make a huge difference in the lives of area residents who have no insurance.
- Volunteers typically donate one evening (3-4 hours) a month. Most clinics are open 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- All new volunteers must attend an orientation for a general overview of Shepherd’s Hope and the services provided.
- Licensed Health Care Professionals – (Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, and other Licensed Health Care Providers) must have an active and clear license to practice in Florida. They work in a team with other health care professionals to provide basic, non-emergency medical care.
- Sovereign immunity protection is offered to all Licensed Health Care Professionals through the State of Florida Volunteers in Health Care Programs. For more information, click here: Who we are and what we do.
- After the Department of Health representative verifies you have an active and clear Florida license, a contract will be prepared and signed by the County Health Department. One copy of the contract will then be mailed to you for your review and signature.
Current volunteers, please use the VicNet link to schedule your shifts.
Registration, Click Here
Volunteer Orientation, currently unavailable
Volunteer Positions, Click Here
For Current Volunteer VicNet Log-In, Click Here
Looking for additional information about volunteering? Please contact:
Shepherd’s Hope Volunteer Coordinator