Shepherd’s Hope depends on volunteer physicians, nurses, other Licensed Health Care Professionals and general volunteers to provide quality health care for men, women and children who would otherwise go without the care they need and deserve. Services are provided through walk-up clinics, pre-scheduled appointments and telehealth appointments.
Shepherd’s Hope volunteers are categorized as either a General Volunteer or Licensed Health Care Provider. Licensed Health Care Providers provide direct health care to patients and General Volunteers give of their time in supporting and furthering the health center’s mission without providing direct health care. Our volunteers are the key to the success of Shepherd’s Hope, so whether you serve once a month or once a week, it makes a big impact.
If you would like to volunteer, register here.
Orientations are online via Microsoft Teams. To RSVP for an orientation, please complete the online volunteer application and we will contact you.
2023 General Volunteer Orientation Dates
Jan 25, Wed | Feb 8, Wed | Feb 21, Tues | Mar 14, Tues | Mar 22, Wed | Apr 18, Tues | May 10, Wed | May 23, Tues | Jun 13, Tues | Jun 28, Wed | Jul 11, Tues | Aug 24, Thurs | Sep 6, Wed | Sep 19, Tues | Oct 18, Wed | Nov 14, Tues | Dec 5, Tues
Click here for printable flyer.
2023 Licensed Healthcare Provider Volunteer Orientation Dates
Feb 9, Thurs | Apr 27, Thurs | Jun 28, Wed | Aug 3, Thurs | Oct 5, Thurs
Jan 19, Thurs | Feb 21, Tues | Mar 9, Thurs | Apr 11, Tues | May 18, Thurs | Jun 13, Tues | Jul 20, Thurs | Aug 15, Tues | Sept 15, Fri | Oct 14, Sat | Nov 9, Thurs | Dec 12, Tues
Click here for printable flyer.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old to volunteer in our health centers and at least 16 years old to help in our central office.
- Currently we are not able to accept court-ordered community service volunteers.
- Our ability to accept new volunteers is based on the needs of our office and health centers at the time. Currently our greatest health center need is for physicians, APRN’s and PA’s.
- Volunteers make a huge difference in the lives of area residents who have no insurance.
- Volunteers typically donate one evening (3-4 hours) a month. Most clinics are open 6-9 pm.
- All new volunteers must attend an orientation for a general overview of Shepherd’s Hope and the services provided.
- Licensed Health Care Professionals – (Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, and other Licensed Health Care Providers) must have an active and clear license to practice in Florida. They work in a team with other health care professionals to provide basic, non-emergency medical care.
- Sovereign immunity protection is offered to all Licensed Health Care Professionals through the State of Florida Volunteers in Health Care Programs. For more information, click here: Who we are and what we do.
- After the Department of Health representative verifies you have an active and clear Florida license, a contract will be prepared and signed by the County Health Department. One copy of the contract will then be mailed to you for your review and signature.
We have been blessed with thousands of caring volunteers who have provided over 320,000 free medical visits since first opening in 1997. Shepherd’s Hope is grateful to every new volunteer. We value your time and want you to have a satisfying volunteer experience.
Current volunteers, please use the VicNet link to schedule your shifts.
Registration: Click Here
Virtual Provider Orientation: Click Here
Volunteer Positions: Click Here
For Current Volunteer VicNet Log-In, Click Here
Looking for additional information about volunteering? Please contact:
Shepherd’s Hope Volunteer Coordinator
Statement of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Diversity is a core value at Shepherd’s Hope. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working, learning and caring environment for all. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world. Collectively, we strive to identify challenges and design and deliver solutions.